Pediatric dentistry North York
Pediatric dentistry, also known as pedodontics in American English or paedodontics in Commonwealth English, is a specialized branch of dentistry dedicated to the oral health and dental care of children from birth through adolescence.
At Smiles at North York Dental, we are committed to promoting and safeguarding the dental health of children. Our pediatric dentist, Dr. Mahwish Raza, is highly trained and experienced in providing comprehensive dental care for kids. We understand the unique needs and concerns of young patients and strive to create a comfortable and friendly environment to ensure a positive dental experience for children.
Our pediatric dentistry services include:
- Early dental check-ups, recommended by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) to occur within six months after the appearance of the first tooth or by a child's first birthday.
- Establishing a "dental home" for your child, where they can receive ongoing dental care and build a trusting relationship with our dentist.
- Early detection and intervention for tooth decay and other oral health issues.
- Guidance and education for parents on proper at-home oral care practices, including brushing, flossing, and the use of fluoride.
- Assessment and management of habits like thumb-sucking and pacifier use.
- Preventing oral injuries in children and providing advice on diet and nutrition for optimal oral health.
- Monitoring the growth and development of your child's teeth and jaws.
We are dedicated to helping your child maintain a healthy and beautiful smile from their earliest years through adolescence. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Mahwish Raza for your child, please call Smiles at North York Dental at 416-494-5488. Our office is conveniently located at 4815 Leslie Street in North York, ON, and we look forward to serving your family's dental needs.