Receded gums North York
Gum recession is a common dental issue that should not be overlooked. If you've noticed signs of gum recession, such as tooth sensitivity or the appearance of longer teeth, it's essential to seek professional care to prevent further damage. At Smiles at North York Dental in North York, we specialize in gum recession treatment, and Dr. Mahwish Raza is here to help you maintain your oral health and beautiful smile.
Understanding Gum Recession:
Gum recession occurs when the gum tissue that surrounds your teeth wears away or recedes, exposing more of the tooth's surface or root. This condition creates pockets or gaps between the teeth and gum line, providing an ideal environment for harmful bacteria to thrive. If left untreated, gum recession can lead to severe damage to the supporting tissues and bone structures of your teeth, potentially resulting in tooth loss.
Common Signs of Gum Recession:
- Tooth Sensitivity Increased sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures is often an early sign of gum recession.
- Visible Changes You may notice that your teeth appear longer than usual, or there may be a noticeable notch near the gum line.
- Gum Pockets Gaps or spaces form between your teeth and gums.
- Bleeding Gums You might experience bleeding during brushing or flossing.
Effective Gum Recession Treatment:
- Our experienced dental team, led by Dr. Mahwish Raza, offers comprehensive gum recession treatment options to address your specific needs. Some common treatments include:
- Scaling and Root Planing This deep cleaning procedure removes plaque and tartar buildup from the tooth's surface and root to promote gum healing.
- Gum Grafting In cases of advanced recession, gum graft surgery may be necessary to replace lost gum tissue and protect the tooth's root.
- Improved Oral Hygiene Our team will provide guidance on proper oral care techniques to prevent further gum recession and maintain your oral health.
- Lifestyle Modifications Making adjustments such as quitting smoking or managing teeth grinding can help preserve your gum health.
Contact Us for Gum Recession Treatment:
If you suspect gum recession or have experienced any of the symptoms mentioned, please don't hesitate to contact Smiles at North York Dental at 416-494-5488 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Mahwish Raza. Early intervention is essential in addressing gum recession and preventing further complications.
Our practice is conveniently located at 4815 Leslie Street in North York, ON, and we are dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain healthy gums and teeth.